Monday, July 12, 2010

moving

Our household will uproot and move across several states in three weeks. Three weeks after that the kids start life at a brand new school and I dive into a new career. One of the tricks of this online thing is that the virtual me remains constant no matter where the physical me goes. By the same token, the greengirl me here has a fairly static being, no matter how frenetic and chaotic the life swirling around me may be. Of course this is just as true for everyone else, all of you; I think it's good for me to remember that sometimes.

The thing that happens when life gets this crazy is that I run out of time in my days and in my head. We literally don't have time for things to go badly between us, or to go particularly well, things just have to go. I guess that on some level, the fact that they do keep going is a good thing. I have to remind myself of that sometimes: just because we aren't in a phase of deep turmoil or serious angst, or of exponential growth or googly-eyed bliss, doesn't mean our relationship has ceased.

Oh- and just to make sure we don't get too complacent with the chaos, we adopted a dog this weekend too.

5 comments:

  1. GG - I find it a strange sort of comfort that no matter where I am, everyone online is still within reach the same as before. I hope your move goes as smoothly as possible and congrats on your new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greengirl,

    I bet the new family member will be a great distraction for your kids with all this upheaval going on. It will give them something to focus on.

    Good luck with your move and getting your new world set up! Please keep us posted on how you are doing if you have the time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all, all the best!

    love, cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally,
    It is nice to have that constant, and the support of friends. Thank you

    Serenity,I do think the dog will be good - they are used to having one. Our last one died a few months ago. We just need to get thru the first few days.

    Cassie,
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe... grats on the new puppy! That should make things very interesting with the move now. :-D

    *hugs*

    turiya

    ReplyDelete