Tuesday, May 15, 2012

nudges

We are both coming and going, it feels like constant motion and mostly passing back and forth, sometimes travelling together, only a little time to stop and rest in each other.  But mostly it's good.  He nudges in the right places at the right times to keep us both fueled.

Me pushed to my knees to start his day for him, then the clover clamps, then bent over the end of the bed for him to finish the start to his day.  And me left with a focus on him woven subtly in with all the rest of my thoughts and business of the day.

No more big blanket at night, just a thin quilt that leaves me almost warm enough but not quite: so i seek his warmth all night, and he wraps himself around me - we both stay with each other all night instead of wandering off to be just beside each other.  

And his taking care of things that need doing, because he is actually home that day, and he can, and it lets me be at work uninterrupted.

These things keep me going, they keep me balanced, and they keep us - well - they keep us as "us" even when we are mostly passing back and forth.




9 comments:

  1. sounds like a lovely place to be in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its often the little things (the nudges) that make the bigger differences in keeping things focused when all around seems hectic i find.

    tori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a learning process, but the small things do make all the difference. thanks

      Delete
  3. oh
    so lovely
    I love that you guys have each other

    sfp

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just sounds soooo blissful!

    Sending hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the most important things my Master says are nonverbal nudges. And that sometimes says it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very cool that you got to spend time with him. and yes - the non-verbals are often the most effective. thanks

      Delete